We can talk about it now!
We are very excited that we are able to talk about this project now.
This is just one of the 3 Robotic Dry Age Storage Pods that newtech are responsible for the design, manufacture, install and commissioning of at Dovecote Park in Stapleton as part of their new Dry Age facility.
Just to give you an idea of the scale, each of the 3 pods include:
- 1 ABB IRB 8700-6-axis robot on a plinth with a 4.2 meter reach and payloads of up to 700kg
- Custom made robot gripper – to provide the handling solution for the crates, allowing them to be picked from the pod service conveyor and placed into the designated storage position within the racking and vice versa
- 10 columns of 18 shelves housing 12 crates per shelf
- 1 column of 10 shelves housing 12 crates per shelf
- Total capacity per pod is 2230 crates, leaving 50 vacant spaces – that’s a total plant capacity of 6690 crates!
- In total, 4560 specially designed stainless steel shelf supports were used in conjunction with the racking beams to hold the crates in position
- Talking of the crates, the 7000 being made are completely custom for this project
- Input and output conveyors specified by newtech and the whole facility integrated with the site stockholding and production system
- A brand new building has been purpose built to house the facility
Needless to say, this project has been a long time in the making. Initial ideas were considered in October 2017. From conception to design, to manufacture, every element has been thoroughly and expertly planned and we would love to show you around!
If your business has a unique automation requirement where an ‘off the shelf’ solution doesn’t cut it, get in touch – we thrive on a challenge!